ENGLISH (Espanol sigue mas abajo)
The Farm/Hostel El Zopilote is 300 metres uphill from the main road, but there is a Parking/Caravan area just near the main entrance in front of the house of Carlos. He usually ask 1 dollar a day to take care of your car or motocycle and is trustable and safe. If you dont want to pay the dollar, you can leave on the main road, but maybe something get stolen.
More info write to : email@example.com
La Finca/Hostal El Zopilote es 300 metros de la principal carretera pero hay una area de parqueo/camping muy cerca de la entrada principal en fruente de la casa de Carlos. El normalmente pide un dollar para cuidar el carro dia y noche y es una persona de confianza. Si no quieres pagar el dollar , puede dejar el carro o la moto al lado de la carretera principal pero es posible que algo desaparesca. Mas info, contactar firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, i am Cristiano from El Zopilote....sorry to answer to your email with a link....
I'd like to advise that here we usually give the opportunity to volunteer to 12 even 15 people, so there are plenty of possibilities.....More....we really need volunteers because is difficult to run the place without them....we are always looking for people wants to stay a couple of months with us....
At the same time is difficult to know when we need people and when there are too many, sorry, i hope you understand that organizing 10 people travelers from 10 different countries , is difficult.
On more thing: we prefer a lot to meet people in person speaking looking in the eyes , because we need trustable people to work here, and honestly by email is very difficult to understand who you are. At the same time to come here and check personally the place is a good opportunity to understand how we work, who we are, if you like the lace, if you like the food........
So, my suggestion is to come here personally with 2 months time to spend here (2 months is the minimum to stay here volunteering) and ask to the volunteer organizer which is Lorenzo for the next year.
Thanks to write, sorry for my english, is not my language, i hope you understand , and maybe see you around
bye bye, Cristiano.
FIRST, I'D LIKE TO SAY THAT FINCA EL ZOPILOTE IS WORKING VERY WELL, LIKE NEVER BEFORE. BOTH THE HOSTEL AND THE FARM ARE FLOURISHING....OF THE HUNDREDS OF TRAVELERS THAT PASS THROUGH EACH MONTH, MANY OF THEM ARE SAD TO LEAVE. EL ZOPILOTE REMAINS A WELL-LOVED PART OF ISLA OMETEPE AND A PLACE NOT SOON FORGOTTEN BY OUR VISITORS.
Please, Click here to see our TripAdvisor Listing.
REASONS WHY WE DON'T LIKE TRIP ADVISOR:
1) We did not ask to be on the website....El Zopilote was already on the site with 4 reviews when we realized.
2) We cannot erase our farm / hostel from trip advisor....it may sound strange, but it is impossible to erase your business from trip advisor unless you close the hotel.
3) Trip Advisor is a bilion dollar company ( Check Wikipedia by clicking here please ) with very good web designers; the majority of the time when you google a hotel the Trip Advisor reviews will appear even before the hotel's website.
4) As the owner of El Zopilote, I can respond to the reviews posted by my guests. One time I wrote something like this ''......I don't like what you are saying and I don't like Trip Advisor......'' Trip Advisor did not publish my reply because I was speaking badly of them.....There are other big companies for example Apple that publish any comment, even '' ....I hate Apple because it is a bad and horrible company....'' TRIP ADVISOR only publishes what is convenient for its image.
5) After many years observing our reviews we have realized that the majority of the guests write them when they are angry with us....for example, right now we have around 50 reviews: the bad ones were written by guests who did not like El Zopilote, and make up around 10 of those.
The original good reviews written by our guests make up less than 10,
the rest are fake or almost fake, written by my brother, sister, mother, myself, friends etc etc etc because we had to fix our score and this seemed like the only option.....
6) The majority of our neighboring farms and hostels are also posting fake reviews to highten their score, another reason Trip Advisor is not a reliable website
7) There are companies like this one: http://www.tripadvisorsuccess.com/ offering fake good review and deleting the bad ones. Trip Advisor cannot be trusted.
8) Trip Avisor is free for the owners of hotels, but you can pay 350 usd a year and get some advantage like hiding bad review and get better score,another reason Trip Advisor is not a reliable website
9) There are some reviews written by very stupid people who come to our farm expecting a 5 star hotel and expecting to be waited on like royalty though they are paying less than 10 usd a day. Other people wrote about 'how a Permacolture farm should be,' after staying here a mere 3 days; these individuals couldn't tell their heads from their asses. ......Follow a selection of the review written by some of these stupid people:
---PIXI360 TITLE: Uconfortable and Unfriendly
---ESTAFAFUERA TITLE: Misleading/disapointed
---RENOIRF TITLE: Underwhelmed
Conclusion: I hope that our guests and people in general are not using Trip Advisor. In our reception there is a suggestion box that we always check for suggestions and tips....
For the trip advisor users, I suggest they write a review not only when they have problems with a hotel, but also when they like a place.....
For the people that really want to write a bad review, we answer with 2 words typical from Tuscany where we come from: O' LECCAMELO/A
Only one wall is all plastic ( 1 ), while others begin with stone and after the first meters continue with bottles ( 2 ). Before you make a structure of iron with the irons in the direction of the width of the wall positioned in pairs at a distance of several centimeters, just for it to take a bottle ( 3 ). Along the length of the wall iron bars are put at about 50 cm away. After reinforce with smaller iron bars orizontally. After that binds the net of steel (the same that we used for the tank) on one side of the wall and also on the other so that the two networks create a room to put several plans bottles that are inserted between the two , empty and with cap( 4 5 ). Then binds metal wire in several places and put pressure plastic bags because the structure has less movement ( 6 7 8 ).
Once finished the preparation work is complete except for the cement that is then''pulled''on the net and smoothed with a spatula ( 9
The result seems good, the walls are strong, yet light, are very insulated because they contain air. We calculate that we have used about 3,000 bottles in a place where no one goes to pick up the garbage recycling is a great environmentally friendly.
Check all the photos of this project to understand better.PHOTO.